Year 1 2021 - 2022
We have two classes in Year 1
Beech Class is taught by - Mrs Jones and Mrs Pelham
Mrs Jones (Monday, Tuesday) Mrs Pelham (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
Beech Class Teaching Assistant is - Mrs Thomson.
Maple Class is taught by - Miss Andrews
Maple Class Teaching Assistant is - Mrs Harrison- Smith
Should you need to speak to your child’s teacher, telephone the office to ask them to contact you by phone, or make use of the class email address (bearing in mind that email responses will not be as rapid, with staff teaching throughout the day):
Welcome to Year 1
Welcome back to Huntington everybody! We hope that you have enjoyed the spring break. We are excited to begin the Summer term. We have lots of fun and exciting activities and lessons ahead.
During this term, we will be focusing on the topics ‘To Infinity and Beyond' based on the book 'Toys in Space.' written by Mini Grey and 'Long, long ago' based on the book 'Goldilocks and just the one bear' by Leigh Hodgkinson
In Science this term we will be learning about seasonal change, types of animals and plants.
In Maths we follow the White Rose Hub scheme of learning and we will be looking at length, height, multiplication, division, money and time
Below you can see a table which shows what we aim for children to include in their writing during this term.
This half term we will be starting to look at the Phase 5 sounds.
We will also be revisiting Phase 3 and 4 sounds.
Useful Websites/Apps/Educational Programmes
- Teach your monster to read (Phonics) https://teachyourmonstertoread.com
- Phonics Play https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Cbeebies https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/grownups/article-for-teachers
- StoryBots on YouTube/Netflix https://www.youtube.com/user/storybots
- Number Blocks on Youtube/Netflix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DecZjgAtEmo
- Jack Hartmann times tables on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVcQH8A634mauPrGbWs7QlQ
- Mr Mac on Youtube (Phonics and Maths) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTcZnvuTeovlznioLRo0GOA
Files to Download
Year 1: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display