Local Club Links
Many young people take part in sport during the school day, but there are fewer who take part in activities outside of school. Once children have left education, many young people do not regularly participate in sport or physical activity.
Therefore, we believe that it is important to promote local sports clubs, to encourage children to continue participating in sports outside the school day.
Why not try out a new sport today?
Some of our local clubs include:
Chester Nomads FC
Chester Hockey Club
- Junior Hockey training at Chester Hockey Club takes place on Sunday mornings at Abbey Gate College, Saighton, CH3 6EN.
- Training is from 9.30 - 10.30 for players in school (years 5 and below) with registration from 9.20.
- Sessions are split into two groups:
- school years 3 and below
- school years 4 and 5
- Training is from 10.40 - 11.50 for players in school (years 6 and 7) with registration from 10.30.
- Chester Hockey Club provides either a one to one session or a small group session for beginners so that they may gain an understanding of the basics of hockey, before joining their respective age groups.
- They will need trainers (not blades) shin pads and gumshield. The club can provide a suitable stick.
- The cost of each Sunday morning session is £3.
- The club offers up to three taster sessions. If children are keen to continue, then junior membership for those in school years 4 and above is just £40.00 per annum, although Sunday sessions do continue to be £3 weekly.
House of Dance
West Cheshire Athletics Club
Chester Boughton Hall Cricket Club
Boughton Belles Junior Netball Club
Chester Golf Club
Chester Fencing Club
Chester TAGB Taekwondo Family Martial Art Club
Chester Rugby Union Football Club